Friday, May 7, 2010

Liquid Cooled Rampage III Extreme

So Here is a log, not too detailed of the water-cooled Rampage 3 / i7-980x Rig.
Board Shot

From Watercooling Rampage 3 Extreme


The memory I used is  the  G. Skill Trident DDR3 2000 6Gb  (Great Memory!)   So far, G. Skill has been the best memory I've owned to date, yes: better and less expensive then the Corsair Dominator GT.


From Watercooling Rampage 3 Extreme


The parts list is:  




Here is a partial shot of the components, Minus that sound card, I'm actually using the Asus Xonar Essence ST.


Here is a shot of the modding on the case:






I started off by removing the heat sink on the Rampage III and, and  removing whatever Gunk Asus puts on there, and adding some Arctic Silver 5.  I kept the Thermal padding for the MOSFET as is.   At the time of this build there was no release of a full Board Waterblock, so I planned to cool the NB with Swiftech's MCW-NBMAX.    




Cleaned up the Heatsink:

Added the A/S-5


This Shot is actually how the NB H/S came from Asus:  Not Bad... if I were using it.

After some cleaning:

I then Made sure the CPUand NB block were nice and SHINY



After all leak tests, I 
Added my RocketRAID 640 and 4 WD Black SATA 6Gb/s  HD's in RAID 10 =)



Here is a shot after Everything was together:  except the memory:



Added memory and Memory Fan:

And thats it!
Benchmarks to follow soon.































No comments:

Post a Comment